The primary concern of the project is to track client projects OR queries as lead / opportunity and maintain it under the system.
Lead Manager, Sales Manager (sales group head) and Sales Person - use the system to track the lead, its detail and can convert lead to opportunity and can also close/cancel based on client follow up with reason.
Microsoft Sharepoint provides basic lead management template but we have completely customized it as per the requirement of the project.
We have implemented/customized below functionalities as per the project requirement -
- Lead Manager can create new lead and can assign it to relevant sales person.
- Lead Manager can assign department and relevant technologies to the lead so that it becomes easy for sales person to do follow up and do required study on project/lead detail.
- Lead Manager can also upload relevant document provided by client with lead detail so that sales person can review it and can do follow up based on documents provided.
- Lead Manager can also keep track of all assigned leads to relevant sales team or can also view unassigned leads/opportunities.
- Lead Manager can also view progress on each lead and can also change its detail at any point of time.
- Lead Manager can also maintain client and its contact and company detail under each lead.
- Based on follow up and positive feedback from client sales person can convert lead to opportunity and can also continue to do follow up until opportunity converted to close/successfully. If opportunity failed because of poor feedback or insufficient detail from client then sales person can also close/cancel opportunity with specific reason of lead closing.
- Sales Person can view all assigned lead to him/her and also all lead converted to opportunities by him/her.
- Sales Person can do follow up and can also log detail for each follow up into the system.
- Lead Manager or Sales Person can also search for any lead / opportunity / documents / follow up details and can go through it.
- Lead Manager and sales person can also find "My Assigned Leads", "My Assigned Opportunities" and "Unassigned Leads" etc on home page as a dashboard after login so that they can have idea about the system's recent activities and lead tracking details.
- On every important action from Lead Manager or Sales Manager - Workflows Fired and it fires emails to relevant Sales Person or create task for them which they can view and follow under task section of the system.
- Role based security - system provider very high level of security across different role and also across same role based users. Lead Manager can view all the lead owned by him for all departments. Sales Manager can view all leads assigned to all sales person assigned to him and sales person can view all leads assigned to them. Sales Person can not view lead / opportunity assigned to any other sales person.
- System provides import and export facility for lead and opportunity and department and technologies because if any system already handling lead tracking then lead manager can import all data from excel format to this lead tracking system and can directly start using this system.
- System provides different kind of reports for Lead Manager, Sales Manager and Sales Persons like for Lead Manager report includes - All assigned lead / opportunities, All Unassigned lead / opportunities, Lead / opportunities assigned by sales manager or sales person, all successful/cancelled lead/opportunities. For Sales Manager reports includes - All assigned lead / opportunities, All Unassigned lead / opportunities, all successful/cancelled lead/opportunities for all sales person under him. Sales Person reports includes all successful/cancelled lead/opportunities, follow up history etc.
- Lead Manager / Owner can take backup of the lead tracking system with OR without data and later on can restore the copy as a new template for setting up new lead tracking system.
- Use of Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS 2007/2010) and SharePoint Designer 2007/2010 + Visual Studio 2008 for lead tracking system development.
- Use and creation of Customized Webparts and deployed them to the system to implement custom functionalities into the system.
- Use of customized Webpart Zones and also permissions to web part access based on roles defined for the system like Lead Owner,Sales Manager,Sales Person.
- Use of Workflow under each and every important action by Lead Manager or Sales Manager and based on that task created or email fired to sales person for relevant task.
- Use of customized lists and document libraries for lead details and its documentations.
- Use of InfoPath 2007/2010 forms and its integration into lead tracking system for developing customized forms.
- Use of Search and Crawling Services using SharePoint Shared Services (Shared Service Provider - SSP) technology for crawling SharePoint document, custom list and other lead tracking content.