Internet didn’t have a single inventor. Many inventors came and contributed massively to make internet what it is today. Since the invention of internet in 1957, its use has expanded immensely. Today, nearly one-third of the world’s total population makes regular use of Internet.
E-commerce or Electronic-commerce is a business where buying and selling takes place electronically through internet. E-commerce is generally based on B2C model. In e-commerce, customer can directly purchase from the online store or through affiliated agents. When it is selling of a product, online stores have a broad scope as they can sell through:
- Their website
- Through social networking sites
- Through auction sites
E-Commerce for small business
E-commerce is a platform where small businesses can explore their horizons. They have vast opportunities to attract millions of customers simply through their correct website design. Many businesses think of selling their products and services online but do not know which pathway to follow. Building a robust and responsive e-commerce website is the answer to this question.
Benefits to the customer and the business
- Customers avail a secure transaction over the website through media like PayPal. Their information is kept confidential. Also once they feed their data, information is stored so that they do not have to feed the same when they make another purchase. This saves their time and is beneficial for your website as customer may not find it clumsy.
- Easy navigation through your website with clear display of items and unwanted ads popping up at every single click will engrain customer attention.
- Promote regular sale, discounts and offers by notifying customers with every website update.
- Businesses can keep a check over their inventory as the records are updated at every purchase and sale transaction.
- Websites can be customized as per your customer reviews.
How to set an online store?
To be precise starting an online store comprises of the following steps:
- Register your domain name: $15/year.
- Get web hosting: $8/month.
- One-click install of WordPress
- Install free themes of e-commerce
- Setting up products, images, widgets, payment solutions etc. on the website for professional touch.
In the near future, mobile e-commerce will render seamless experience to the customers as they can make transactions anytime and anywhere via their smart-phones.