Top 10 Open Source Web Development Tools for Your Project
For developers it becomes important to be aware of the different open source web development tools available in the market. Proper understanding of the development tools will help them complete the web development task the right way. Keeping that in mind here we are with some top open source web development tools that developers should check out for sure.
- LESS (http://lesscss.org/)LESS has a syntax similar to CSS as it is the pre-processor of CSS. You can speed up the development process as LESS comes with a number of outstanding features. You can make your CSS themeable, extendable and maintainable as LESS comes with amazing features like mixins, functions variables, and some other important techniques.
- Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)Notepad++ is an open source tool, which works as the text and source code editor for Microsoft Windows. With the help of Notepad++ you can offer syntax highlighting, code folding and tabbed editing for more than 50 scripting, markup and programming languages. Notepad++ comes with a number of plugins and has huge community support. Notepad++ also offers support for playback and Macro recording PCRE search/replace and Bookmark.
- XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/)XAMPP is one of the favorite cross-platform tool for the web developers. This open source tool made use of MySQL instead of MariaDB earlier. With XAMPP it is very easy to install and configure MariaDB, PHP and Apache as it has complete package of its libraries. This is the best way to set your local web server.
This tool was developed by Joe Hewitt and it comes with a number of features like:
1. Tweak CSS for perfection
2. Manage cookies
3. Find errors quickly
4. Inspect and edit the HTML section
5. Check the DOM
6. Visualization of CSS metrics
7. Monitors the activity on network
So in case you are planning to take up a web development project then making use of the above-mentioned open source tools will do the job for you. So what are you waiting for? Try them and have a better experience.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, I have over 10 years of experience helping businesses improve their online visibility and reach. I have a proven track record of success in developing and executing SEO & content marketing strategies that deliver results. I am also an experienced content writer and marketer, and I am passionate about creating content that is both informative and engaging.