Around seventy percent of users online are fed up with websites that take all day long to load, sounds familiar? Even while browsing for information through handheld devices such as mobile phones, smart phones and tabs, half the population out there starts making coffee, coffee comes faster. In some cases, while the wait is annoying, the webpage fails to load, which adds to more frustration. Less than half the population using services online for various needs, finds websites that load within seconds, the rest have no time to wait and abandon their search, if it’s more than a couple of seconds.
Did you know, delays can mar your reputation online and also bring down the load of traffic you expect? Place yourself in the customers armchair; would you like to wait for a minute or more (which is too much) for a page to load, especially when the information you need is urgent? We guess not!!
Now think about this, if you have an e-commerce site that makes $100000 a day, a single second delay can actually cost you damages worth $2.5 million annually. (This is according to an estimate by a few experts)
We hate it when websites don’t function well or load on time, we all do. To add more fuel to the fire, when websites load slow or fail to load, we feel like throwing the computer away.
This is why in 2010; reputed search engines started focusing on load time for websites. This is because customers were finding it tough to find what they wanted, since pages weren’t cooperating or loading very slow. Some search engines started ranking sites that are slow on the bottom pit, and put the ones which ranked high on the top list.
Websites should load fast
We all wish to have websites that run and load fast, blazing fast that is. And today, keeping that in mind we would like to share with you our views on why the website you own should do the same.
- When a website owned by you works fast, the statistics would show well. Smartphone users are fed up if sites don’t load in 3 seconds, says a source. And reputed search engines too agree with the same, and hence rank pages accordingly. Three fourth of the users online, wouldn’t come back to your webpage is the websites don’t load fast.
- To thrive online, a fast blazing website is the need of the hour. Web developers have to focus on this, since there wouldn’t be any more room for websites that run slow.
Understand the need
When a website runs fast and loads well on time, the demand on the server to do the needful would be correlated. With plenty more HTTP requests being made, the server would have to satiate all needs, and that’s why rendering all the elements that make a website run fast should be adhered to.
The elements here would be:
- CSS style sheets loading
- Scripts loading
- Image loading, and
- HTML loading too
Even the image size and the files, individually too would be a factor to think of. With large resolution images, the loading can take around ten times or more, as compared to images that are small and normal sized. Hence, ask the service providers helping you with web development and designing, to avoid using large images. With a fast website that loads quick, efficient services can be rendered to clients. Do this by adjusting images, coders and the layout of the webpage.
Slow loading means lesser customers
Page time loading is an important factor that can make or break the client’s expectation, returns too. Apart from the nifty designs and the functionality of a site, it is the time factor which attracts a client. They bother more about the speed in which a site loads, than the imagery, bells or even the whistles that come along. Even reputed search engines care less to high rank sites that take forever to load.
Benefits of high speed loading
- Increase your conversions per day
- Increase customer experience and satisfaction
- Increase ROI
- Climb the ratings and rankings
- Encourage your clients to connect with sister pages faster
- Shoppers return to buy from your sites
- Loyalty and customer retention not a problem anymore
- Customer satisfaction always exceeded
- Word of mouth is excellent
- No bad experiences for urgent needs
What research says?
- Loyalty and retention is correlated with the speed of loading a website. One doesn’t have the time and patience to wait for a couple of seconds, intolerance is rampant for the same. When you click a link that captures your fancy, you wouldn’t want to wait till kingdom comes for the contents to be revealed. And if that happens, you’d rather go looking for the information you want elsewhere, abandoning the site you came to in the first place.
- Loading if slow would affect the image of the company, trust issues crop up and the design or style no matter how great it is, wouldn’t be appreciated by the visitors. Bad experiences therefore are remembered more by the clients, word of mouth wouldn’t be that great and certainly not in your favor
- Finally, to bring in more visitors to your website, it is important to have high loading times to enhance customer experience. We cannot reiterate its importance any further, since by now we assume you have understood what is being said. You’d have more traffic and genuine customers coming in, and with great experiences given, the same customers would return.
It all boils down to the web design reliability and quality. Even the hosting service providers too have to work in toe to ensure your sites loading time isn’t a bummer. Speak with the service providers on such accounts and technical especially, to ensure that the loading time is fast.
We hope this information comes in handy, especially when choosing the right website development services is concerned. A turtle wins the race only in fairy tales, need for speed is the hour’s priority.